The minimum requirements are that the employee be, or be able to:
- use all hand and shop tools found in a boat shop safely.
- must be computer literate - email, time tracking, parts ordering etc.
In addition to the minimums the ideal employee would have all, or part, of the following additional skills:
- know how stain and apply varnish
- understand older engines, how to remove, install align, tune up, etc
- understands rudders, propellers, running gear, and alignment with engines
- know how to weld for boat trailer repairs.
- understands how to safely rig a boat for rotating to its back for repair.
- know the names of the parts of a boat
- duplicate and install planks above and below the waterline
- duplicate and install frames, chine, keel etc.
- know how to effectively sand an antique or classic boat in preparation for the final finish.
- an ideal employee would be able to update the website with new photos and narrative.
We are willing to teach skills if the employee does not possess them.
Take a look at our shop and what we do as you navigate our web site here at Woodies Restorations.com
Will consider co-op student in final year of school as well as short term contract employee. Actual boat shop experience a plus. All ages and genders considered.
Pay commensurate with training and experience. Pay evaluations every 3 months.
Great area to live... people drive for HOURS every weekend to be on the one of the largest man made lakes east of the Mississippi river.
Small town - sportsman's paradise -
Take a look at the area on lakecumberland.com (many many links to help you get to know the area.)
Download and open the file above to examine our comprehensive Skill Based Pay evaluation form. Evaluations will be performed every quarter.
New Toll Free Phone Number 866-921-2628